Tips for your adventure experience...
- Old trainers or similar (something you can swim in and will stay on your feet)
- Waterproofs (at least an anorak in case it rains, ideally waterproof trousers too)
- Warm top (even in summer, if the sun goes in it can get cold)
- Warm trousers (avoid jeans if possible)
- Hat (in summer a baseball cap or similar and if cold a woolly hat)
- Gloves (in cold weather)
To bring (dry barrel):
- Spare clothes
- Sleeping Bag / pillow
- Drinking water. For full day trips at least 1 litre per person, (we don’t supply cups)
- Food (biscuits etc are good. Try to avoid fresh items like chicken, fish etc that could spoil in the hot sun). You can order ration packs online and use our gas trangias.
- Any medication and allergy medicine (i.e. inhalers, epipens etc)
- Spare trainers or boots (for after the activity)
- Tent (if you don't want to bivvy)
- Cup and water container (at lest 1 litre)
- Cutlery (spork etc)
- Canoes, PFD’s, paddles, helmets etc
- Tarps, roll mats and bivvy bags
- Gas trangias and mess tins
- Knives, fire steels, folding saws
We provide dry barrels and dry bags so you can keep your spare kit dry. Other items you may find useful:
- If possible avoid wearing wellington boots (difficult to swim in).
- If you wear glasses it’s a good idea to tie some string to them.
- If it’s summer, then sun screen is a good idea.
- Avoid taking expensive electronic devices or jewellery in the canoe.
If you are unsure please don’t hesitate to ask! 01600 890027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org